Rhinoplasty in Alicante
The facial profile is mainly determined by the projection exerted by the nose and both pinnae, and is important in the facial image we perceive of ourselves. When the nose is larger than usual or has an irregular profile, it can cause complexes. Rhinoplasty provides a solution to these aesthetic problems.
The goal of rhinoplasty surgery is to shape a natural-looking, beautiful and functional nose. If you need more information about Rhinoplasty in Alicante, read on.
What is rhinoplasty?
This is a very common operation that modifies the size, shape or proportions of the nose to achieve better symmetry and balance with the overall facial appearance.
- Solve problems of size, width, volume, position of the nostrils or profile of the nose.
- Change the shape of the nasal tip.
- Improving the appearance of the nostrils
- Correcting asymmetries.
- Correct breathing problems caused by a deviated septum.
Razones para someterse a una rinoplastia en Alicante
There are two main reasons for carrying out such an operation:
For this reason, most patients undergo surgery when they present a certain deformity that affects their self-esteem:
- When the nose is too large or too small from birth in relation to the rest of the facial structure.
- When the nasal dorsum is very pronounced.
- When the tip is excessively wide
- When there are deviations or deformations of the septum
- When the nostrils are excessively open
The nose is an organ of the respiratory and olfactory system.
Sometimes, surgery is required for health rather than aesthetic reasons.
- When the septum is born with a very deviated septum.
- Accident or injury resulting in pain or obstructions that make breathing difficult.
Before a nose job is performed, the facial features are studied to find the perfect harmony between the nose and the face.
The bone, cartilage and skin structure is analysed to determine whether to firm, reduce or increase the profile.
The results of the intervention are immediate.
What are the main benefits of a nose job?
- Improvement of self-esteem and social relations.
- It noticeably slims the face.
- It beautifies the image.
- Nose jobs are safe and affordable.
- It allows the result to be known in advance.
- Improves health and respiratory capacity.
Before and after a rhinoplasty operation
Information about Rhinoplasty surgery in Alicante
- Surgical time: 2 hours
- Anaesthesia: Local or general
- Hospitalisation: 1 night or not required
- Recovery: 9 to 12 days
- Results: Immediate
1 to 2 hours under local or general anaesthesia.
From the age of 18. And it is not advisable to do it from the age of 60 onwards.
This is one of the most requested operations by teenagers. What is important is that the surgeon appreciates that the nose has completed 90% of its minimum growth (which occurs between the ages of 13, 14 in girls and 15, 16 in boys). However, this operation is not performed until the age of 18 due to the development of the nose itself and the maturity of the individual.
For the first 10 days:
- Try to sleep with your head up, sleeping semi-incorporated for the first few days.
- Do not eat food that is too hot or hard to chew.
- Do not drink alcohol.
- No smoking.
- Avoid sport and physical exertion.
- Avoid blowing your nose.
- He sneezes with his mouth open and speaks minimally.
- Avoid facial gestures.
- If you wear glasses, use contact lenses 3 days after the operation.
- Do not wet the area.
- Keep the splint on for 6 to 7 days.
- Avoid sun, cold and wind in the face.
- Avoid sudden head movements.
- Take the medication prescribed by the surgeon.
As a precaution, an overnight stay in the clinic is made after the operation.
It is usually done under local anaesthesia.
After the operation, patients will wear a thermoplastic splint that will maintain the new shape of the nose and reduce postoperative swelling.
Exceptionally, tampons may be placed for 3 or 4 days to prevent bleeding.
In general, rhinoplasty is not a painful surgery, so you will not need to take painkillers.
It is not a painful operation. You will not have pain; but there will be swelling of the face (oedema) and bruising (ecchymosis) for the next 3 to 4 days (the swelling) and 2 to 3 weeks (the bruising).
The splint or plaster cast will protect the area for 7 to 10 days.
Full normality is regained in 4-6 weeks.
It will depend on many factors, so it is important not to get carried away by other people or by the desire to have the same nose as a famous person.
If you are considering a rhinoplasty operation, it is best to call and discuss your options, the type of operation that will be performed and the results that are best for you.
Prior professional advice is essential before you make your decision.
Dr. Teresa Bernabéu is a specialist in rhinoplasty surgery in Alicante. If you need more information related to this aesthetic operation, please contact us.