Breast reduction in Alicante
Breast reduction surgery is a surgical technique that reduces and reshapes the breast to alleviate, in many cases, physical problems related to breast volume, both in terms of size and weight.
What is a breast reduction operation?
Breast reduction surgery involves not only reducing the size of the breasts, but also lifting the breasts and reducing the areolar tissue.
When one of our clients undergoes this type of surgery, what is done is to reduce the gland, the fatty tissue in the area and the skin around it. This will result in higher and tighter breasts.
How a breast reduction operation is performed: the process
The breast reduction process can be divided into three phases: preoperative, operation and postoperative.
- Before the operation: The patient has to attend preoperative consultations to examine her case and explain the procedure of the operation. In addition, a study will be carried out a few days before the operation and an analysis will be made with the anaesthesia team.
- The surgery: On the day of surgery you will be given a general anaesthetic and the operation will take about two hours. You will then be admitted to the hospital for 24 hours to see how your recovery is going.
- The postoperative period: The results of breast reduction are immediate. It is an operation with little discomfort. After the second week you can remove the external sutures. In the fourth week, apply the silicone strips and rosehip cream.
In which cases is a reduction mammoplasty recommended?
Breast reduction mammoplasty is aimed at all those people who have large breasts that cause physical problems. Age is not a determining factor for surgery, as 17 year olds can present a disproportionate development or 50 year old women who, with the passage of time, have increased the volume of their breasts.
Thus, every woman can have a breast reduction as long as she has a breast reduction:
- Have day-to-day discomfort, such as neck pain.
- Possess a size that is disproportionate to your body
- Have a good mental state
- You have had a child or are planning to have a child.
What techniques are used in a breast reduction operation?
Currently, there are different types of surgical techniques to perform a breast reduction operation. The autoprosthesis technique is the most commonly used technique.
In addition, all techniques are pedicle-dependent. Depending on the area, techniques with upper, inner, lower pedicle, etc. can be used.
All these practices have the same objective: to position the areola higher, narrow the base of the breast and achieve a more natural shape.
What are the benefits of breast reduction?
When a person comes to a breast reduction clinic for breast reduction, they come with a clear objective: to alleviate physical discomfort. However, we found several benefits:
- Correct body posture and reduce neck and back pain: Breast reduction mammoplasty lowers the body’s centre of gravity, resulting in better posture and flexibility in patients.
- Breathing improvements: The rib cage suffers when you have large breasts, making breathing difficult. Therefore, reducing them corrects these problems and improves lung ventilation.
- Significant increase in self-esteem: After the operation, the patient feels much more comfortable with her body, which results in greater self-confidence in her day-to-day life.
- An end to the pain caused by bras: Eczema at the level of the submammary fold, known as cleavage, caused by some bras will be avoided.
- Less chance of breast cancer: Women who undergo breast reduction, by removing breast tissue, reduce the chance of breast cancer.
Breast reduction post-operative tips
For a speedy and excellent recovery it is important that you follow these tips:
- No driving during the first two weeks after the operation.
- Do not sunbathe
- Do not handle dressings
- Sleep with your head elevated and on your back. Avoid sleeping on your side or stomach.
- Do not get wounds and dressing wet in the first week after surgery.
- Avoid heavy lifting or physical activity.
Important things to keep in mind about breast reduction operations:
- Breast reduction and bras: You will need to wear bras specifically for these procedures for the first 4-6 weeks. Use dark colours, as bleeding may occur in the first few weeks.
- Breast reduction and sport: From the third day you will be able to go for walks. But it won’t be until the sixth week that you can return to the gym or do your sporting activity.
- Breast reduction and breast cancer: Women who undergo this surgery are less likely to get breast cancer by reducing breast tissue.
- Breast reduction and breastfeeding: In most cases it will not be possible to breastfeed. There are techniques where future breastfeeding is possible, but if the breast volume is too large, it is usually not feasible.
Real cases of breast reduction
Information and relevant facts about our breast reduction service in Alicante
- Surgical time: 2 hours
- Anaesthesia: General
- Hospitalisation at the clinic in Alicante: 1 night
- Recovery: 7 to 10 days
- Results: Immediate
Yes, they can be combined without any problem. However, you will have to consult a specialist to study the case and recommend whether it is advisable to carry out the same intervention.
Specialists recommend non-underwired sports bras, as they provide support and security.
After breast reduction surgery you should sleep on your back and slightly elevated. Avoid lateral postures and sleeping on your stomach.
After a reduction mammoplasty, it is normal to experience a loss or increase in breast tenderness. In most cases they are transitory and after a few weeks or months the sensitivity usually returns to normal, although there are cases in which it does not recover completely.
No. Women who end up having a breast reduction have a lower risk of developing breast cancer in the future because some of the breast tissue has been reduced.
It depends on the operation and the needs of the patient. However, we offer you one of the best ways to finance cosmetic surgery in Alicante:
- From 4 months to 4 years.
- No quantity limit.
- Up to 12 months with no interest and no arrangement fee.
- No need to go to a bank, we process it at the clinic itself.